6.29.2009

Monday Matinee

The world of pop culture has been dealt a triple blow over the last few days. The back to back to back deaths of three cultural icons has been a 1, 2, 3 punch KO that has left us all reeling. First the king of pop - Michael Jackson. Then the king of infomercials - Billy Mays. And finally the king of nice - Jeff Goldblum.



Wait... what's that? The news reports from New Zealand are incorrect? The multiple reliable sources we call Twitter were wrong? Never mind folks, Jeff Goldblum is still alive. Last time I ever believe something I find on the internet.



"The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated."
- Mark Twain

"The news of my impending death came at a really bad time for me."
- Steve Taylor

"
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying."
- Woody Allen

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I actually thougt you were serious!! Shame on you for exploiting my gullible internet-ed soul. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too thought you were serious! Jeff Goldblum is one of Steve's fave actors and I almost stopped reading the post to call Steve to let him know the sad news! LOL

    ReplyDelete