4.14.2014

G is for Good Times

I took the kids to the park this weekend to play and go for a walk. While there we watch the ducks and took a bunch of pictures. And this conversation happened.

Zu: "Look, it's a mommy duck and a daddy duck. They're swimming together."
Christian: "That's because it's mating season. Right Dad?"
Me: "It is."
JJ: "What's mating?"
Me: " ... "
Me: "Uh, that's how mommy ducks and daddy ducks make baby ducklings."
Zu: "No Dad, ducks make eggs."

Well, technically she is correct. After that little science lesson we had a good time. And last night I discovered that we can walk to Riverstone with only one street crossing. That will be a great activity with the kids this summer.

Here are some of the highlights of our good time. First the ducks.


Christian was hoping that the mallard in that second picture was laying an egg. They refused to walk away until they knew if or if not a baby duck was on the way.

Here are some of my favorite pictures of Christian.



Some of my favorites of Zu.



And finally, the best shots of JJ.



JJ is a ham but he's a tough one to pin down long enough for a snapshot. But I won't complain. When he plays nicely with his siblings, it's a beautiful thing.

As for me, I spent most of the afternoon trying to keep up with them. More often than not my view was like this: watching them run off to play tag, chase ducks, or splash in the water.

We had a good time. And at the end of the day, I can confidently say that I have three of the greatest kids on this planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment