2.14.2006

movies... I mean movie (singular)

Bekah and I do not get out to the theater much any more. That was a fairly common thing when we first met/dated, and even after we got married. But now, with a toddler son, school for Bekah, and a more than full time job for me, opportunity for motion picture enjoyment is slimmer than it used to be. Then add in Bekah's lupis and our attempts to establish mutual friends in the area... did I mention the toddler? You get the picture.

Needless to say when we go see a movie, we make it worth the effort. We had the chance to get out this last weekend and it was definitely worth it. For those of you that have seen Walk the Line I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Great movie with Oscar worthy performances from Reese Witherspoon and Jaoquin Phoenix.

Even more impressive than the lead roles were some of the bit parts. The people they found to act as Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Roy Orbison, and Waylon Jennings turned out amazing performances.

I'm not particularly fond of biographical movies. In fact, a good biography is rare on the silver screen and yet I keep torturing myself by watching them. But this one was more than good. If you haven't seen it yet, do.

No comments:

Post a Comment