7.30.2009

Male Pattern Oldness

In the waiting room at the doctor's office an older couple passed through to use the restroom (and by older, I estimate that they were older than my parents, but younger than my grandparents). When the husband exited the restroom, Christian made an astute observation.

"You don't have any hair." Christian said to the older gentleman.

AAAK! I'm instantly horrified. "Christian!" I pleaded. "That was rude. You need to say nice things to people."

Thankfully the old man was fairly jovial in his response. "Really?" He rubbed his head. "Why.... I guess I don't." Then he asked, "why do you think that is?"

If Christian's fist espial wasn't enough to make me cringe, his answer petrified me.

Christian answered, "you're too old for hair."

No comments:

Post a Comment