Motivation is a different creature. If inspiration is how you do the things you do, motivation is the why. In my universe, inspiration is in infinite supply. However my motivation frequently needs a hint.
At home, I have that reminder to the right of my computer sandwiched between my hat collection and a cup of writing sticks.
This is what I see every time I reach for my mouse. Every time I sit at my desk, they're telling me to do something. Write something. Be productive.
They are as follows.
1. The Elements of Fiction Writing series that my sister-in-law bestowed upon me for my birthday.
2. A borrowed copy of Stephen King's On Writing.
3. Three dictionaries. English, Spanish, and German.
4. A book about parenting a kid with Aspergers.
5. Jon Acuff's Quitter. (ps, Quitter is currently available through iTunes for $5.95 - you should get it. Really, you should.)
What motivates you?