11.02.2012

Tidbits

Religion

What if God didn't cause Hurricane Sandy as a punishment to the heathens (AKA liberals) along the East Coast. What if He allowed it to see if those that claim to be Christians would demonstrate love and compassion in the wake of the storm. If the latter is true, are we as Christians living up to the values we profess?

Politics

The only person in the world that is capable of governing this nation the way that I think it should be ran is me. No president ever will measure up to my standards. I will never agree with every policy of any president. There will always be a member of a presidential cabinet that I think is unqualified to hold that appointed position. No matter how likable the president is, I will believe that my ideas are better. And if by some strange twist of fate I were to become president, I won't measure up to everyone else's standards. Someone out there will believe that I'm doing everything wrong, that my policies are worthless, and that they would be a better president.

Be honest, you could take me out of that above paragraph and replace it with you. The only person qualified to run the USA the way you think a president should is you. I think this nation would be much happier if everyone lived and voted with that understanding.

Holidays

I was a priest for Halloween. Or, rather, I wore all black with a white priest's collar that a coworker made for me. Most of my coworkers appreciated the look. A few laughed. And more than one said I make a convincing pastor.


There was one odd remark. An employee - whom I've never met before - passed me in the stairwell and gave me a dirty look. "What, are you making fun of Catholics now?" She asked.

I couldn't help but think of the half dozen women in our office that dressed up like witches. Were they mocking Wiccans?

Noshember

November has arrived, which means No-Shave November started yesterday. I shaved everything off Halloween night so that I could start the month with a fresh slate. Yesterday, some of my team members commented on how boyish I looked without facial hair. Today, my face feels like sandpaper.

Any one else observing No-Shave November?

NaNoWriMo

It is also NaNoWriMo - or National Novel Writing Month. This is the month where crazy people write an entire novel in 30 days.

I'm not brave enough to participate but even if I was, I wouldn't have the time to devote to that much writing. However, my sister-in-law is participating. If you live in the Boise area, buy her a coffee. She'll need it. And make sure to buy her debut novel when it comes out in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment