7.08.2013

A New Start

Today is a new beginning for me. A challenge. An experiment. Something you may or may not be hearing more about over the next few weeks. Is that vague enough? No? How about - I feel like this kid.


There's no earthly reason that I should be doing what I'm doing, but dangit - I'm doing it anyways. Why? Because I need to. Because my perspective is focused elsewhere. And because reasons.

Much the same reason that my month of lists petered out and that my corner of the interwebs has been largely vacant for the past few months. There's a back story that I've not made public that I hope to tell as soon as I work up the cojones to do so.

But for the voices that keep telling me that I should keep my Kung Fu Panda moves to myself, the demons that mock my hopes and prey on my fears, the inner monologue that plays out like the offspring of Holden Caulfield and Marvin the Paranoid Android. For those causes, I took a risk. I made a choice to do something that scares the crap out of me.

I need change.

That was today. Just a start. A crazy - and possibly impetuous - start.


It's go time.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Way to go! Whatchya doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I signed up for the Start Experiment.

    ReplyDelete