12.15.2013

Selah

Today was out of the ordinary. I usually head home for lunch and relaxation after church. But today, I stayed after the second service to strike the stage. The kids Christmas program ran this weekend and the risers had to be taken off stage and the piano, drum set, keyboard, mic stands, and other assorted equipment had to be returned to their normal place.

But then I did something I don't ordinarily do. I stayed. And stayed. Until 6pm. Listening to the band rehearse. Chatting with the sound guy. Laughing and fellowshipping with the team.

Instead of going home and playing video games, I spent the whole day with these wonderful people who have become my friends over the past few months.

Music is therapeutic. And today, I got the best sort of therapy I could ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment