3.03.2014

We need more geeks

Friday night, my church's pastor dropped a Marty McFly reference. I think I might have been the only one that noticed.

Then Sunday morning I was hanging out with the worship band and the drummer started talking about end times and if we were going to have pre-trib or post-trib whatever. To which our bassist replied "That's the trouble with tribbles." I laughed. Really loud. Unfortunately, I was the only one that laughed.

Dear modern church, you need more geeks. You need people that love Jesus with all of their heart and soul but also loves robots and Jedis. You need people who can discuss the beatitudes with the same grace and skill as they could talk about time travel. You need people who think co-op video games can hold as much value as traditional small groups. You need people like me who aren't ashamed to wear a Batman t-shirt to church.

God loves geeks. Which is good because I am a geek.

Churches across America, please find some more geeks. Because I don't want to be the only one smiling at subtle Back to the Future references. I don't want to be the only one one laughing at Star Trek jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment