5.20.2011

30 Day Song Challenge: Day 21

Welcome back.

Day 21 is music from my wedding.

We've been married eight years, why am I surprised that I remember what music we had played? First some lovely instrumental harp music as our friends and family found their seat. We used somewhat traditional music for the processional: Pachelbel's Canon in D major. Also along the traditional lines was You'll Never Walk Alone from Carousel sung by a friend of the family.

But the rest of the service wasn't so traditional.

When the Love is Right by Tourniquet played during communion. (and I never realized how long that was until I was awkwardly standing on stage waiting for it to end)

We used Theme from Greatest American Hero (Believe It or Not) for the recessional.

We did not have time for dancing at the reception. We really didn't have money for a DJ. Instead we had a three song slide show of our lives before we met and our life together.

The song that backed the pictures of me growing up was Lucky Man by The Verve.

Bekah's pictorial life was backed by Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle.

And the pictures from the year that we dated was scored by Edwin McCain's I Could Not Ask For More.

No comments:

Post a Comment