9.18.2012

The set list

My wife's best friend had an amazing wedding. The bride and her bridesmaids all looked beautiful. Her husband and his groomsmen were all fresh and stylish. The venue (despite the crabby old man that owns the place) was a gorgeous setting for an exchange of vows. And the party afterward?

Well, we had fun. It was memorable. Between a grade school age kid grinding on a hay bale and the elderly grandmother getting her groove on to some bootie popping music, the guests were just as entertained as I was. It reminded me how much I miss DJin'g. It's also the first time that my kids have seen me in that role; my oldest provided me with the best compliment of the night when he said, "Daddy, you're really good at this."

But my set was easily the craziest mix of music I've ever played. What do I mean by crazy? Well... Here's my set list.*

When the Sun Goes Down by Kenny Chesney and Uncle Kracker
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere by Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffett
The Time (Dirty Bit) by Black Eyed Peas
Me Without You by TobyMac

Just a Kiss by Lady Antebellum
I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz
Love Shack by The B-52's
Like a G6 by Far⋆East Movement, The Cataracs, & Dev
Ignition by R Kelly
I Cross My Heart by George Strait
Then by Brad Paisley

Cotton Eyed Joe by Rednex
All Star by Smash Mouth
Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO
Mine by Taylor Swift
Everybody Talks by Neon Trees
Yeah! by Usher, Lil' Jon, & Ludacris
One More Night by Maroon 5

When We Stand Together by Nickelback

Yes, I played George Strait immediately after R Kelly. Yes, I ended the night with Nickelback. I played the first track at sunset and more than half of those songs were requests.** I told you it was crazy.

But it was still a lot of fun.

* This list does not include the ceremony which included LeAnn Rimes, Big Daddy Weave, and The Proclaimers. Nor does it include the first dances (Shania Twain, Van Morrison, Johnny Cash, and The Judds) or the hour's worth of Johnny Cash I played as background music while everyone was eating dinner.

** Songs in teal were requests of the bride or the groom. Songs in brown were requests of the guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment