12.31.2009

The 2nd day: a bleak midwinter

I think we (in North Idaho at least) are feeling this.

Song: In the Bleak Midwinter
Artist: James Taylor
Album: James Taylor at Christmas

It is a shame that this carol is not more well known. In my opinion it is one of the most beautiful of traditional carols. Take the eloquence of the final verse:

What can I give him
Poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd
I would bring a lamb
If I were a wise man
I would do my part
Yet what I can I give Him?
Give my heart.

And I'll leave that as my final wish of 2009. If all I have is my heart to give, then my heart will be my gift.



And with this being my final post of the year, I want to say thanks for following along. Enjoy your waning hours of '09 and I'll see all y'all next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment