1.25.2010

Breakfast at Tiffany's

My wife knows I have a general distaste for movies older than I am. So imagine her surprise to see me yesterday afternoon with Audrey Hepburn and George Peppard on the TV. Holly Golightly had just snuck into Paul Varjak's apartment and I was laughing as Ms. Golightly poured her glass of wine into some potted plants.

"What is this?" Bekah asked.
"Breakfast at Tiffany's."
"Since when did you watch these kind of movies?"
"I love this movie!"

Within minutes, Bekah posted the following as her facebook status: "Hmm ya learn something new every day... Nic is watching Breakfast at Tiffany's Me: 'didn't know 'you liked that movie?" Him: 'I LOVE this movie!' Hmm married almost seven years and I am still finding new things out :)"

I do love that movie - especially the final scene where Varjak tells Ms. Golightly "You know what's wrong with you?" I have always wanted to say that to a girl and get away with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment