4.28.2006

tag team training

This last week has been a great change of pace.

I have applied for and interviewed for a promotion. The position would be a great opportunity for me, but I'm 99% sure that it went to some one else. Nothing is set in stone and I likely won't know till mid week next week. If I had to place money on it I'd bet I didn't get it.

Most of my time this week has been devoted to the classroom. However, this current class is not mine, I've just been there to help out as needed. Usually that kind of situation stresses me out. Previously when I've combined classes with another trainer, one of the trainers sits in on my class, or I sit in on theirs it is awkward. There's nothing that will highlight differences in training styles than combining trainers.

About a year ago we planned on combining both of the day classes for three days of sales training. The other trainer was robotic, dominating, and somewhat tyrannical with a bad sense of humor. After the first day, my class was begging to not have to see or hear him ever again.

This week though has been great. I've never worked with another trainer whose style was so similar to mine. The agents think she's one of the best trainers ever and they like having me around. Sadly, it won't last forever, I've got my own class starting in a week.

Also in the training realm. For the last several months classes have been rough. While there are gems in each class, the general make up has been scraping the bottom of the gene pool. The classes that started this week has broken that trend, they are some of the most polite, professional, and put together new hires that I've seen in a long time. Even the skater and the rocker in this class are angels compared to my last couple of classes. I hope this trend continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment