7.14.2007

Off the Grid

As of tomorrow morning, I am off the grid for a week: out of cell phone range - no internet access.

"Why is that?" you ask.

Because I am spending the next week in Canada, on a houseboat, beached on the sandy shores of Lake Koocanusa.

"Sounds great," you say, "I wish I could go!"

Why thank you. It should be a blast. This is the only real vacation Bekah and I get during the summer. The two of us, a small hand full of other adult leaders, and seventy some odd high school kids...

"What?!?!? You're spending your vacation with high school kids."

Of course. I am a part of my church's youth staff, and every year we do our high school camp up in the Great White North. (Although, this time of year, it is warm and green.) I'll be sharing my boat with a couple other leaders and 17 high school guys.

"Are you CRAZY????"

Quite possibly, yes. But it is one of the only times during the year that I get to relax.

"How can you relax with all those kids running around?" you ask.

Easy. There' no babies waking me up at seven o'clock in the morning.

"But the high school kids might wake you up that early."

True, but they can feed themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment