3.15.2009

A little bit of this, and a little bit of that (AKA: It's like this and like that)

I apologize for the long title. But that's the way my brain works.

No, my brain doesn't work like long titles... It works like this and like that - especially when trying to describe things. Confused? Let me give you a couple of examples.

When attempting to describe LOST to the rare few that have never heard of the show, I say "It's like Gilligan's Island meets the X-Files."

After seeing Cloverfield, I told people, "It's like Blair Witch Project meets Godzilla."

When Creed first came out I described Scott Stapps vocals as "Eddie Vedder, Scott Weiland, and James Hetfeild got thrown in a blender with a little bit of Jesus for good measure - but not the kind of Jesus that makes you praise God, but the kind of Jesus that makes you do and say crazy stuff."

OK, I usually stopped after "a little bit of Jesus" on that last one, so I embellished a smidge. Besides, Scott Stapp didn't go crazy until Creed's second album. But that is way off topic.




THAT is how my mind works. I always try to compare one thing in perspective of other things that shares a common feature. It's like I'm attempting Venn diagrams for pop-culture. I see things as a little bit of this and a little bit of that. It's a habit I can't break. Does anyone else have this problem?




One more for good measure: the movie Fireproof is like James Dobson's marriage counseling meets an After-School special.

No comments:

Post a Comment