1.01.2010

The 1st day: happy new year

Good morning. In case you've not yet spoken to another soul, let me be the first to wish you a happy New Year. If I'm not the first, let me be the funniest (does the truffle shuffle).

For the final song in my holiday series, I give you one of the greatest bands to ever put words to music and music to record.

Song: New Years Day
Artist: U2
Album: War

I was intending on posting a video for Dan Wilson's What a Year for a New Year, because 2010 is indeed a year we need a new year. However, that song does not exist on YouTube. Shame. It's a good song. You should look it up.

But I digress.

U2's classic is probably more fitting. In my younger days there were two songs that one of my best friends and I listened to every New Year's Eve. this song from U2 and Iron Maiden's 2 Minutes to Midnight (Quiet possibly the only Iron Maiden song I can listen to without wanting to stab my eardrums with a turkey baster).

And now we're in a new year. The old is gone the new has come. A world in white gets underway. So I say "cheers!" (this is me being optimistic... that's my resolution, less pessimism.)

No comments:

Post a Comment