8.25.2014

My biggest critic

In the course of living and breathing, you will collect critics. It's a part of being human. Someone somewhere doesn't like you. Most of the time, it's not your fault. If you have a heartbeat, you will have people that are critical of you.

Critics. Everyone has them.

Some of mine are very vocal. Sometimes obnoxious. But at their worst, they are tame when compared to my biggest critic. Have you met him? I'm sure you might recognize him. He looks a lot like this.


Yeah, that's me.

There's nothing that any critic could tell me that I don't all ready know. Nothing that I haven't all ready told myself. In my most private moments, I'm the only one that utters those "What were you thinking?" comments. I can self-deprecate harsher words than the worst insult lobbied by any of my other critics.

And I have to live with him for the rest of my life. Sooner or later, I'm going to tell him to shut up.

Who is your biggest critic?

2 comments:

  1. Yes me too! I am my biggest critic...I just talked with my friend who told me "you need to listen to the advice you give me, each step you take is closer than you were before adn you are a lot closer than you were last year." I believe that FOR her so I need to believe that FOR me as well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always give our best advice to others. Right?

      Delete