6.08.2018

School’s Out For Summer


Every day, for the last year, we've walked the path between my building and the apartment units to our north to get to our car and drive the kids to school. In the rush to get everyone out the door on time, I'd say "Open the door!" To which my youngest would reply, "Get on the floor, everyone walk the dinosaur." Then down the steps, around the corner, and along this sidewalk to the street where my car was parked.

Today was the last day of school. Summer break starts now. No more morning walks between the buildings. However, these early strolls have come to an end for another reason: we're moving. Their last walk to the car before school this week is the last we'll take those steps. As we say hello to summer we also say farewell to the apartment life. Seasons change and I am excited to the next one for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment