8.21.2023

Our Region In Flames

I thought about fire burning in your eyes. I thought about fire. - Blindside
Image Courtesy Thoma Casey


How can we dance when the world is turning? How do we sleep while our beds are burning? - Midnight Oil
Image courtesy Myk Crawford


We didn't start the fire. It was always burning, since the world's been turning. We didn't start the fire. No, we didn't light it but we tried to fight it. - Billy Joel
Image courtesy WADOT


Now I see fire inside the mountain, I see fire burning the trees, and I see fire howling souls. I see fire, blood in the trees, and I hope that you’ll remember me. - Ed Sheeran
Image courtesy Greg Halling


I’ve seen fire and I’ve seen rain. I’ve seen sunny days that I thought would never end. I’ve seen lonely times when I could not find a friend. - James Taylor
Image courtesy Tom Burgess


Death is on the top of her tongue and danger’s on the tip of her fingers. Streets are on fire tonight. - Lupe Fiasco
Image courtesy WADOT


Things we lost to the flames, things we’ll never see again. All that we’ve amassed sit before us shattered into ash. - Bastille
Image courtesy Zack Zappone


Liar, liar, the world's on fire. What you gonna do when it all burns down? - Dolly Parton
Image courtesy Erik Smith


We’ve built our confidence on wasteland. We’ve seen how the walls come down. Life burns. - Apocalyptica
Image courtesy Brian Jacob


Sleep now in the fire. - Rage Against the Machine
Image courtesy Colin Mulvany @ SR




There are three major fires burning around us. To our east, Ridge Creek above Hayden Lake has burned 4100 acres. North of us, Oregon Road in Elk has burned 10,000 acres. Finally, the Gray fire west of us in Medical Lake has also burned 10,000 acres. There are two known deaths and hundreds of homes and businesses destroyed. The Spokane region is devistated and funds are being raised by the American Red Cross, Salvation Army, Giving Back Spokane, and No-Li Brewhouse. We also have family direclty impacted who had to evacuate including the grandparents in Medical Lake who host all of our holiday gatherings. If you think of us, please pray for rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment