4.23.2010

Five for Friday

I'm starting a new project (experiment?) in May. It's a year of celebration. Celebrating something every day for one year. Three hundred sixty-five days of "Wah-hoo!!!" Now, I'm not this biggest party animal in the world. And if you ask my wife, she'd tell you I'd rather be at the theater after Christmas dinner than playing board games with the family. So I'm not sure how it'll work out... Could be interesting.

To warm up, April is a good month for come celebratory practice. Here are five things I celebrated this month.

1. Our anniversary. Bekah and I have been married for seven years. This past year has probably been one of the craziest - yet blessed years for us and we celebrated it with dinner at Texas Roadhouse. If you've not yet eaten there - do it. You won't regret it (unless you're opposed to throwing peanut shells on the ground, generous serving sizes, and a line dancing wait staff).
2. Bekah's birthday. On the downside, she had a kidney biopsy the day before her birthday. On the upside, I did my best to make it a good day.


3. Chloe's birthday. She's three! With the eloquence of a kindergartner and the attitude of a junior high student. Brighter than the average, nauseatingly adorable, and sassy. God help us when she turns 13.

4. To Write Love on Her Arms Day. If you've not read TWLOHA's story - Link HERE - read it now. Go ahead, I'll wait. The Purpose of TWOLHA Day was to write "love" on your arm to help spread hope to those struggling with suicide, depression, and/or addiction. Sadly, a few days later, the cost of suicide reached into the life of a good friend. Just a reminder why we need groups like TWLOHA.
5. Earth Day. We took the kids to the Krock Center to watch Disney's Earth. Cute for the kids, all though the Planet Earth mini series it was culled from is far superior, Two fantastic moments: In the scene where the cheetah chases down the gazelle, Chloe asked me what's happening. I explained. "Why," she asked. "Because the cheetah is hungry." She didn't like that answer. "I don't want the cheetah to eat the gazelle," she said. When the cheetah caught the smaller animal and bit down into the savory flesh, Chloe pointed at the screen and shouted, "STOP THAT CHEETAH, NO-NO!" After the movie, on the way back to that car, the kids were excited for the promise of ice cream sandwiches that were sitting in our freezer. Christian wanted to pretend we were a family of sharks. "Then," he said, "when we get home, we can have ice cream seal sandwiches." I love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment