2.07.2009

The Lovely Award

My sister-in-law (Bekah's older sister) of Dancing with Dragons gave this blog (along with two other blogs) The Lovely Award.

Now, I never thought of myself as lovely... so what is The Lovely Award? Lucky for me, Miriam included a description and instructions. It is an award for "blogs that are exceedingly charming. These kind of bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to three bloggers who must choose three more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

While I'm not known for my charm (although I have my moments), I do like friends. And I don't mind the attention.* Here are three blogs/bloggers that I think fit this "lovely" description.

The Wayward Episcopalian. Nathan (AKA Transplanted Texan) is a student at Dartmouth with a passion for politics. I wouldn't normally consider politics to be charming, but Nathan's perspective is refreshing and filled with youthful optimism. But beyond political musings, Nathan also explorers his faith, post-Katrina recovery efforts, and his fanship of Bruce Springsteen.

Dekkenga. Seth & Rebekah are some old friends of ours from the year we spent in Sioux Falls. They're working on adopting a child from Liberia and they're blogging about it. Not only are they one of the most lovely couples I've ever met, they are amazingly quirky, and wonderfully creative people.

synaptic disunion. This is toadman's blog. Whatever mental image you've created for the name "toadman" is probably close to accurate. His writing is equal parts snark and charm. He's witty, articulate, and embodies a certain intelligent sarcasm that I appreciate. Beyond that, he's a good dad. And his recent open letters to Rick Warren and President Obama are (imho) simply inspiring.



* Speaking of attention... you really should read Miriam's reason for giving me The Lovely Award.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I'm humbled. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete