11.26.2010

Five for Friday

I hope that everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving and Black Friday. With those two days behind us, the Christmas season has officially begun. And I'm continuing my list. This week: the playable.

1. The Beatles Rock Band: I'm a fan of the Beatles' music, this is an easy and fun way to introduce my kids to their catalog. Actually, it could get them interested in music in general (beyond the theme songs to Superhero Squad or Scooby Doo)

2. Donkey Kong Country Returns: Back in the days of the SNES, I used to play Donkey Kong Country for hours. I think it's the first video game I ever beat on my own. You might call it nostalgia, I call it fun times.

3. GoldenEye 007: When I moved out of my parent's house and got my first apartment with a couple of friends, there were two consoles in our pad, my Playstation and Shane's N64. Out of our combined collection of games, the original GoldenEye 007 was easily the biggest time sucker. It's the game Shane and I spent Halloween night playing. Many consider the original as one of the greatest games of all time. The new version features new content and expanded game play. It might even be better than the first.)

4. Call of Duty: Black Ops: At this present moment, the games we have available consist of Mario Cart, a Go Diego Go game (for Christian), and Disney's Cars. I'm in desperate need for some grown up games. The COD titles are as good as it gets on the Wii in that arena.

5. Disney Epic Mickey: This might be a kid (ish) centric game, but the game play and concept is unique enough to make it worth the notice. Looks like something that I can enjoy with the kids and possibly use to lure Bekah into the virtual world.

honorable mention: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11: Ignoring Tiger's personal issues over the past year, EA's annual game with his name is easily the best golf game you'll find on any platform. Bekah and I killed an obscene amount of time on the X-Box trying to outplay/outdo each other during our first few years of marriage. She's got a competitive streak in her, and if we're going to compete against eachother - Tiger Woods Golf is better for our marital health than a game of RISK.




PS: We've had our Wii for a year, I'm puzzled we don't yet have these games: Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit, New Super Mario Bros., and Chicken Riot.

No comments:

Post a Comment