3.07.2012

That kind of day

Have you ever had one of those days where everything transpires in a manner that is wholly opposed to the way you hope or plan. Today was one of those days for me.

It started of decent. I got up with my first alarm, got ready, and packed my lunch as usual. I filled my travel mug with coffee, but in the process spilled it - making a mess of the kitchen counter. And I managed to get out the door without waking any of the kids.

But after driving a half mile down the road, I realized that I left my work badge at home. That's the badge that gets me through my office doors at six every morning. So I turned around and went back to the house to get the badge.

Even with the brief detour, I still got to work on time. I settled in and started running my morning reports. After 15 minutes, I realized that I left my coffee in the car. Rather than let it sit there all day and go to waste, I grabbed my keys and went out to the car to get the coffee. It was still warm

I had a full day's worth of work to do so I started walking back across the parking lot. Then I realized that I left my badge sitting on my desk inside my office. The one that is needed to open the doors.

It was just that kind of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment