4.05.2011

30 Day Song Challenge: A Special Break for My Anniversary

Eight years ago today, Bekah and I sneaked out from a photo shoot - I in a black and silver tux and she in a beautiful white dress. We escaped to Jamba Juice where the store employees wanted to congratulate us on our nuptials (they also thought their store was an odd choice for the first stop in the honeymoon). When we told them that we weren't married yet and the wedding was an hour away, they asked us "isn't it bad luck to see the bride before the ceremony?"

Eight years later, I think luck is on our side.

Day five of the challenge is a song that reminds you of someone, and this is the perfect way to blog my anniversary. There's a thousand an one songs that remind me of my wife, so this should be easy enough... right?

If I wanted to pull out my indie sensibilities, I'd pick out The Longing by Eels. But this post is for my wife.

One of the biggest reasons I fell in love with Bekah is that I felt free to be a geek around her - and not only free but also completely comfortable to let my geek flag fly. And this song is about as geeky as it gets.

To my bride: I love you. Happy anniversary.

1 comment: