9.02.2010

The good guys dress in black

Over the next few days, a colleague and I will be conducting interviews. He lamented the fact that we'd be expected to dress a little more formally than our company's business casual dress code. His biggest complaint was that he'd have to wear a tie. He didn't understand why I might see that as an inconvenience as (according to him) I just wore one yesterday for fun. For the record, I've never seen him in a tie.

Making light of the situation, I suggested we go in to the interviews wearing white shirts, black blazers, black ties, and dark Ray Bans - go with the Men In Black look.

"We could," he replied, "but if we did, we'd probably look more like the Blues Brothers."

I said it was a deal as long as he was Dan Aykroyd and I was John Belushi.

No comments:

Post a Comment