7.29.2011

Five for Friday: Leavenworth

As you read this, it is likely that Bekah and I are living it up in Leavenworth, or in the car somewhere along Highway 2.

Since the arrival of children in our lives, this is only the third time we've been able to break away from the kids for any reasonable amount of time and it is the first real kid free vacation we've ever attempted.

Believe me - I'm excited.

And since the anticipation has been nearly uncontainable, Bekah and I have been busy making plans. Here are the most prominent items on our itinerary.

1. Private guided horseback ride and dinner for two. Just a half hour north of Leavenworth (just outside of Plain) there's a lodge that offers a two hour ride followed by a romantic dinner at a quite mountain lodge.

2. One hour massages at the spa. Which spa? I'm not sure yet, and frankly I don't care. It's a massage. I've got nothing to complain about.

3. Winery tours. We've booked a trip with an agency in town that provides all the transportation (with some additional amenities) to three different vineyards. One of them is Eagle Creek Winery. I'm not sure where we're going for the other two, and I'm not sure it matters.

4. Catching (hopefully) a show with Leavenworth Summer Theater. I say 'hopefully' because the general admission is sold out. The only seats available are the donor/patron seats. If those don't sell out by Friday morning, we can buy tickets. Bad news, it might sell out and we won't get to go. Good news, if we do get tickets, they'll be the best seats in the amphitheater. What show are we hoping to see? (If my mom is reading this, she might want to sit down.) The Sound of Music.

5. Floating the Wenatchee River. Cold water, hot sun, and nothing but relaxation.

We'll be unplugged through most of the weekend. And possibly out of cell range. But keep an eye on my twitter feed. I'll be posting as much as 3G allows.

That's my weekend in a nutshell. How about you? Any big plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment